background

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

This is an ole' time favorite of my families, it's actually already in my Family Scrapbook Cookbook (Volume 2) and it's a dessert I've made before, just never photographed and blogged. So, today here it is a good ole' fashion homemade cookie dessert bar.

It's a Sunday afternoon and the reality of my twins being 1837 miles away at college, is really starting to set in (it's been 7 months now and I miss them terribly). It's very lonely here without all my kidlets at home. I still have my 13 year old son at home, but he is away at a birthday party and today mama is all alone and needs a few more hobbies.

I am coming off of having the flu for 7 days, trust me when I say this, "you do NOT want this horrible flu in your home", it's so awful. I haven't been sick like this is many many years and it's been over a week and I am still recovering. Let's move on though to this delicious dessert instead...



Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars
recipe source unknown

1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 pkg Pillsbury Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie (or a homemade cookie dough)

Heat oven to 350. In small bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth.

You can use refrigerated cookie dough or make your favorite homemade cookie dough from scratch. In ungreased 8x8 square pan, break up half of the cookie dough and with floured fingers press dough evenly in the bottom of the pan to form a crust.  Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. Crumble and sprinkle remaining half of dough over cream cheese mixture before baking.

Bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool for 30 minutes and then refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. Cut into bars and store in refrigerator.


3 comments :

  1. These look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drooling at these photos! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, these look so tempting. Your pictures are great. I'd love it if you would bring these over to Tumbleweed Contessa's What'd You Do This Weekend party. http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/whatd-you-do-this-weekend-4/
    They would be a great hit.

    Have a fantastic week,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...