background

Friday, February 15, 2013

Baked Blueberry Doughnuts

Of course I am on a diet NOW, but I've been holding onto this doughnut recipe for a long time now and this is the perfect time to share it with all of you non-dieters out there (oh, how I wish I could join you). For all you readers who wish to indulgence in these delicious doughnuts enjoy, enjoy (and PLEASE DO eat one for me!). They are a baked doughnut, so they are half-way good for you.

I could have doughnuts every morning for breakfast. The corner doughnut shop, to these super delicious homemade doughnuts and anything inbetween. I LOVE doughnuts, they are SO good. I have a few doughnut recipes on here and I am sure this won't be my last.


Baked Blueberry Doughnuts
recipe found at A Well-Seasoned Life, originally from King Arthur Flour

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons buttermilk (or regular milk)
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
½ cup blueberries

Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Crush your berries with the back of a fork. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, eggs, oil, blueberries and water. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Bake at 325 degrees for 16-18 minutes in a 6-doughnut pan or in a mini doughnut maker according to manufacturer directions. Alternatively, you can bake them in lined mini muffin tins for 7-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. While the doughnuts are cooling make your glaze.

For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Water

Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice. Add water 1 teaspoon at a time until it reaches a thick drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze over cooled doughnuts and enjoy! Yields: 8 regular or 24-30 mini doughnuts.


2 comments :

  1. Mmmmmm...these sound wonderful and I have blueberries in the freezer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend at work who adores blueberry donuts. I can't wait to make these for her. Thanks for sharing.

    We're hosting a party on Monday - What'd You Do This Weekend? These would be a great hit. Hope you can bring them over. It goes live Sunday at midnight.
    www.tumbleweedcontessa/com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...