background

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake {CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE}

...The FINAL...
CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE
Cheesecake

I have only attempted to make cheesecake a few times so I was happy when this attempt came out PERFECT! I had seen this recipe on Pinterest and tucked it away for a baking day, that baking day came when I baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies that came out a flat mess. (I've got pictures to prove it, next time I will listen to negative comments on a blog before I make a recipe). But, the cookies tasted SO good and I couldn't bring myself to throw them away, they were just flat and all broken to pieces and I knew I needed to make "Lemonade out of Lemons", ya know what I mean.

I wanted to make a really cool recipe for today and well this recipe is just that. It's super delicious and super cool and just perfect for a flop cookie recipe made into an AMAZING Cheesecake recipe. Enjoy!


We have completed our ONE YEAR of CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGES, this month completes my goal of a 12 month challenge and I couldn't be more proud. I started this CRAZY challenge one year ago on my blogs one year anniversary and it has been a HUGE success, I've met some amazing bloggers and one very special blogger that I even got to meet in person and I am sure we will be friends for many years to come. (Yes, that's YOU Nicole at The Daily Dish)

I know this FINAL month is going to be a real big treat with all the yummy cheesecake recipes. My second BLOG-anniversary is coming up and I will be taking on a different-challenge for the next year, so please Stay-Tuned as to what the will be.

Photobucket

I do want to say one BIG HUGE THANK YOU! to all of you, to all the new folks who just joined in, to all the bloggers who have been here for all tweleve months and to everyone else inbetween. All of your posts and recipes have been SO wonderful and now maybe this year's bucket list will be to try and re-make SO MANY of the great recipes I've came across on this CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
adapted by me Tina Hudgens
inspired by this recipe found on A Thought Chronicle originally from Cookbook and Recipe Cards

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 to 2 cups baked & crumbled chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup chocolate chips cookies
1 pre-made Pie Crust

Preheat oven to 350. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix just until blended. Add in approximately 1 cup of chocolate chip cookie crumbles and mix by hand until just combined.

Pour cheesecake mixture into pie crust. Top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips and crumbled chocolate chip cookies.

Bake for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or over night.

28 comments :

  1. Tina, this is to die for! Chocolate chip cookies in the cheesecake, love it!!!
    Can't believe it's been a year since you started this challenge. I look forward to seeing what you do next but please don't drop the CCC, it's so fun every month!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing Thanks for hosting this amazing challenge. I just linked up at #30 cant wait to see everyones posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm... those cookies look great, good job making them into something delightful! I probably would have just put them in a bowl and eaten them with a spoon. Cooie cereal anyone??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tina, this looks fantastic! Wish you were bringing it along! :)

    I am so proud to have been a part of this challenge, so proud to be your friend in real life and not just online and so proud to watch where you grow from here.

    I cannot wait to see what you have next, and you know I'm joining you on whatever adventure you take. (I even have a "friend" to bring along now too... so sign her up - www.dailydishrecipes.com/briesbites for whatever you do next.) She is also joining us each week for This Week's Cravings. Here's to a one year anniversary and closing of this chapter, two year anniversary of one of my very favorite blogs (and someone who cooks like me!) and a lifetime adventure of friendship! Thank you for that little shout out, it made my heart sing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again you have me drooling all over my keyboard with one of your amazing recipes! I'm definitely using this if I have a cookie failure! Thank you so much for starting the CCC I have had a lot of fun doing the challenges. I have discovered some awesome blogs and recipes. I can't wait to see what you do next. Happy Treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way of turning a disaster into something delicious! Thank you for hosting the challenge Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chocolate chip anything. You could put it on dirt and I'd eat it! Well, maybe not really. LOL :) Thank you for hosting!

    Stopping by from CCC #18 - I pinned, tweeted, stumbled, and FB'd your cheesecake :) You were my 1400th stumble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cheesecake looks lovely xo an't wait to see what you are bring along now! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband is a chocolate chip junkie! He would love this :) I'm #9!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LookIng forward to what your third year of blogging will bring...much deliciousness I'm sure! Your cheesecake is sure to please my chocolate chip cookie loving family!

    PS I linked up on the road from my phone and I double linked.. do you mind deleting my second candy bar cheesecake when you get a chance? I can't seem to do it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tina, I don't know what planet I've been on, but I wasn't aware that this was the last challenge. I guess I didn't fully read the initial email -- Again, I apologize for being a pest.

    Your cheesecake recipe looks awesome and I know my grandsons would love this.

    Thanks so much for being a great hostess and I will look forward to seeing what you cook up for the next challenge.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks wonderful! Thanks so much for hosting this fun challenge. I can't believe you aren't doing it anymore. Can we convince you???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting. I have really enjoyed participating. I can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love cheesecake! Can't wait to look around! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had hoped to join in this challenge, but our upcoming move has taken my free time. Look forward to finding out about your new challenge coming up!

    This cheesecake looks like something I would LOVE! Bookmarked it, and plan to browse through all the recipes when I get a chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cheesecake looks wonderful, and I am looking forward to the new challenge! Thanks so much for putting together Crazy Cooking Challenge. It was so much fun, and I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI Tina, enjoyed this challenge so much, hope you won't stop this .., it's been wonderful, what a wonderful collection of cheese cake recipes, feeling like trying everyone of them., each of them look so delicous.., what a awesome, chocolate chip cheesecake, my kids would have loved this then mine :))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting this challenge. I hope you have a great year next year. Your cheesecake looks amazing, great way to use those cookies that didn't turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cookies + cheesecake. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am just dropping in and signed up for your email so I can get in on the next challenge;) I am sure whatever you come up with will be fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for hosting the CCC for the past year, it's been good fun and I can't wait for what you have next.

    Great job on your cheesecake and using the failed cookies, looks delish.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: Mini Cheesecake Bites.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  22. Is it really the end? That makes me a bit sad, I've really enjoyed these challenges and I'll miss them. Thanks for hosting!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting! This is my first Crazy Cooking Challenge, and am disappointed I found out about it so late. Glad to have participated once!

    What a fantastic cheesecake! I love the homemade chocolate chip cookies crumbled into the cake!

    Stopping by from Crazy Cooking Challenge #59 – I pinned and tweeted your cheesecake!

    Amber
    http://thecookssister.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. This looks so yummy!! I just pinned it. I'm sure I'll be making it soon. =)

    Thank you again for being such a gracious host. I am with thecookssister...I wish I would have learned about this fun challenge sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Tina,

    Happened to stumble over this post when I was blog hopping. Loved your blog and was surprised at how similar your story was to my recent cheesecake attempt, which was also a disaster turned into cheesecake.. :)
    http://remya-r.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/melting-moments-to-lemon-cheesecake-few.html

    I have bookmarked this one to ty out soon. :)

    Cheers,
    Remya

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cheesecake looks so delicious!! Thanks for hosting the challenge, I am sad to see it end, as I had a lot of fun. I'm excited to see what challenge you will have next!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Look delicious Tina! I'm also very sad to see this challenge come to an end. I've really enjoyed participating each month. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next month! Patty #34

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...