background

Monday, March 26, 2012

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS #74 (FREEZER MEALS) and Pastor Ryan's Bolognese from Pioneer Woman

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #74
(FREEZER MEALS)
Pastor Ryan's Bolognese from Pioneer Woman's Blog
Another Sapghetti Recipe and of course it was delicious, as always! And I am one step closer to finding a perfect Bolognese recipe. I have been looking and searching for a Bolognese sauce and this was my first one.



Pastor Ryan's Bolognese
adapted by me, originally from Pioneer Woman's Blog

1/2 cups Olive Oil
1-1/2 cup Grated Carrots
1 cup grated celery (this was added to the recipe)
1/4 cup large red onion, diced
2 lbs Ground Beef
2 tbsp dried or fresh Oregano
2 tbsp dried or fresh Basil Flakes
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup (or less) red wine
2 tbsp Worcestershire
2 cans (28 oz) tomatoes - (we used diced)
1 cup milk
Salt And Pepper, to taste
Fresh Parmesan Cheese

Heat oil in a large Dutch oven or skillet over medium heat. Add grated carrots, celery and onions and cook for a few minutes. Make a well in the center of the mixture, and then add in the ground beef. Cook for a few minutes until brown, gradually stirring it into the carrot mixture.

Throw in oregano and basil. Use fresh if you have it; if you don’t, it’s fine. When the meat is browned and combined with other ingredients, make another well. Add tomato paste and let it heat. Add garlic and stir to combine.

Make a well in the center of the mixture and add red wine (we felt 1 cup was a little too much, so unless you love the tatse of red wine, I would use a little less next time). Stir together. Add Worcestershire and stir. Add canned tomatoes. Finally, pour in milk, stir, and let simmer for about 2 hours, I feel the long the better for all the flavors in spaghetti sauce to mix around.

Serve with pasta and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
 
FREEZER TIPS: I LOVE LOVE making loads of spaghetti sauce and freezing it for later. I think I have about 6 packs of spaghetti sauce saved right now and I am LOVIN' it! I know anytime we want to throw together a pizza, make some Goulosh or of course just enjoy some plain ole' spaghetti, there is fresh sauce waiting for us anytime.

This week's theme is: FREEZER MEALS
Please only link recipes with our theme!

If you are a regular to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky party, then link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new, please just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!


Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!
April 2 - Easter Cookies & Treats
April 9 - Show Us Your ULTIMATE SANDWICH

April 16 - Copycat Recipes

April 23 - Picnic Recipes
Your hostess for this party are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Angela from Big Bear's Wife, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter. We host this theme linky party every Monday (and the party stays open all week long)! We hope to inspire you to make something with our theme or get an old post notice by linking it up to the linky party below. 
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.
This week's theme is: FREEZER MEALS
Please only link recipes with our theme!

This week's theme is: FREEZER MEALS
Please only link recipes with our theme!

2 comments :

  1. Happy Monday Tina! I shared my recipe for Chicken Cacciatore. I love the flavors in this recipe- it is the same way that my Mom made it when I was young. I still have one more container of it in my freezer from the last time that I made it.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I've seen this on her blog, yours looks amazing. I do a lot of freezer cooking and much like you, I am a sauce junkie because its always ready for any meal I want to prepare. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...