background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES (Day 4): Egg Nog Truffles

Day 4 of 12 Days of Christmas Goodies
Egg Nog Truffles

Even if you do not like Egg Nog, I promise you will love these truffles (there is no Egg Nog in them). If you love White Chocolate, you will LOVE these! In my opinion they really should be called White Chocolate Truffles. They are so GOOD, this might be my favorite candy so far EVER (ya, know those little white chocolate truffles from Lindt, my favorite, these taste similar)! I made them over Thanksgiving at my mother-in-laws house in Oregon and well they went so fast and everyone loved them so much, I had to make 4 more batches before I left home to California. I would say these truffles are WINNNERS! I am sure I will be getting a phone call from my brother-in-law in Washington to send him some more. I know for sure I will be including some of these for families and friends this holiday season.


Grab Our Button & the Blog Hop Code if you wish to display the Linky on your own Blog. Or just link up and play along with us as we gather a ton of THEME recipes for the next 12 days.

Egg Nog Truffles (aka) White Chocolate Truffles
adapted from McCormick


1 pound white melting chocolate, divided
4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg, extra for sprinkle
1/4 tsp Rum Extract

Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate as directed on package. Beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, nutmeg and extract in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed mixer until well blended and smooth. Add melted chocolate; beat until well mixed. Cover. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or until firm.

Shape into 24 (about 3/4-inch) balls. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Refrigerate until ready to dip.



Coat only 12 truffles at a time. Melt 4 ounces of the remaining chocolate in small microwavable bowl for 1-1/2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute. Using a fork, dip 1 truffle at a time into the melted chocolate. Tap back of fork 2 or 3 times against edge of dish to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Place truffles on wax paper-lined tray. (If there are any “bald” spots on truffle, cover with melted chocolate that remains on the fork.) Sprinkle truffles with nutmeg. Repeat with remaining 4 ounces chocolate and remaining truffles.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store truffles between layers of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.



We will be having a linky party for the first 12 days in Decmeber. It's a BLOG HOP Party, so if you wish you can grab the blog hop code below or just link up some of your recipes with our THEME.

Here is a SNEAK PEAK of what's coming up and what's been happening.....
All the Blog Hops will be OPEN until Christmas Day (so there is plenty of time to link up)!

Day 1 - Candy Bark "Pretzel Bark"
Day 2 - Christmas Cookies "S'more Chocolate Chip Cookies"
Day 3 - Bread & Muffins "Reese's Peanut Butter Banana Bread"
Day 4 - Truffles "Egg Nog Truffles"
Day 5 - Cupcakes "Apple Pie Cupcakes"


Day 6 - Snowman "Anything SNOWMAN"
Day 7 - Fudge "Butterfinger Fudge"
Day 8 - Cake Pops or Cake Balls "Red Velvet Cake Balls - Reindeer"
Day 9 - Gifts in a Jar "Peppermint Hot Chocolate in a Jar"
Day 10 - Sugar Cookies "Swirl Sugar Cookies"
Day 11 - Homemade Candy "Peanut Butter Cups"
Day 12 - Anything Candy Cane "White Chocolate Candy Cane Pudding Cookies"



Today's Theme is TRUFFLES!
We'd love to see all the different kinds of Truffles you make!

4 comments :

  1. Drats. I wish I made truffles. Yours look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempting truffles! Have linked up my Sesame & Nut truffles too. Thanks for hosting dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these recipes! You will notice I had a truffle and bread recipe, so gaining more is my delight! Thank you for allowing others to post and allowing us to make such delicious sweets and breads. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think I could use actual rum instead of the rum extract in the eggnog truffles?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...