background

Monday, November 7, 2011

White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes: CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE

CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE #3
Mashed Potatoes
We are in our third month of the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE and this month I know we've found a very easy recipe that everyone loves and it's so fitting to be serving this up right before the Thanksgiving holiday. I know we have homemade mashed potatoes every year on Thanksgiving at my house and now I have a BRAND NEW favorite mashed potato recipe thanks to this challenge. We debated between challenging ourselves to find a new and different mashed potato recipe or a new stuffing recipe. Mashed potatoes won hands down, so I hope you all stick around til next November when we search for the Ultimate Stuffing Recipe, but this month MASHED POTATOES it is!!!

Wondering what the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE is? Want to join the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE? If so, we'd love to have you. Just click on the name above or the tab and fill out the form. You will then be sent an email with all the details. Only participants of the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE will be able to have their recipes linked-up, so please come join us for next month when we will be searching for the ULTIMATE fudge recipe.

Photobucket

Now let's get onto where I found my ULTIMATE Mashed Potato recipe, yes White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes. YOU-MUST-READ-ON. I actually had these mashed potatoes for the first time at a restaurant near Disneyland called the Anaheim White House. My husband and I dined there for the first time for our anniversary/birthday get-a-way a few weeks ago. I saw these mashed potatoes after the waiter took our order and I was so intrigued I asked the waiter back so I could order some. They arrived, two little scoops. My husband and I both took a bite and W-O-W, words can not describe the creamy-richness of these amazing potatoes. Let's just say we fought over the rest of the scoop and even drew a line and said "don't pass here". I wanted to savor every bite of goodness of these incredible potatoes. And the whole time I was thinking "how could I repeat this recipe at home".

I knew this challenge was in the works and I wondered why oh why had I never came across these potatoes on a blog? I search blogs all day long (more hours then I care to admit) and I have never seen these. Thus came the search... and really if you put in Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge or anything "normal" about a thousand-and-one blogs pop up, but "White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes", not so many... two! Yes, two blogs in ALL of blog world. The blog I decided to read and get to know is called The City Sisters and this blog is SO CUTE! I am so glad I found it.

It's three sisters and you have to check out their about page, I LOVE photos and someday I hope my kids too will think of me and give me a "make mom cry moment". The wedding dress picture they took was so COOL! I have 18 year twin daughters and can only dream of moments like this.

This blog The City Sisters is where I found the White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes (thank you, thank you, thank you) and their very fun Chocolate Dinner Party. I am so excited about this new find. Now, I am just wondering if my mother-in-law will let me make them at her traditional Thanksgiving dinner this year, since I am traveling to Oregon with my son for Thanksgiving. (Even if not, we've made these potatoes about 4 more times since I first made them a month ago). THEY-ARE-THAT-GOOD!



White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes
recipe adapted by me , but found at The City Sisters 

6 to 8 extra large potatoes, peeled and cut into large cubes
1-1/2 cups white chocolate, melted (look for pure white chocolate)
1-1/2 cups milk, heated

Place the potatoes in a large pot, cover with cool water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes. Drain in a colander set in the sink.

Return the potatoes to a large mixing bowl and begin mixing. Add in heated milk (not cold) and continue mixing. Add in the melted white chocolate to the still-hot potatoes; stir until the mixture is very creamy. (no butter is needed, the white chocolate takes the place) Serve Hot!


One of my favorite meals is Ikea meatballs and gravy
(yes, you can buy both of them to take home to make).
Paring this meal with the White Chocolate Mashed Potaotes is a meal I will love forever!


Now, go ahead and CLICK LIKE on #1
the White Chocolate Mashed Potaotes and VOTE for ME!

30 comments :

  1. What the heck Tina?? White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes!! Sounds VERY interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these sound really interesting? How sweet are they? I'm going to have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are these sweet? More like a dessert? Or is it a subtle sweetness? I HAVE to try these. I love white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh........chocolates and potatoes......this is a must try!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really?! I've never even heard of such a thing, you've got me intrigued!! Thanks for sharing and hosting a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to be kidding me? They sound really, really interesting and my curiosity is peaked enough that I plan to try them out!
    And just saying but... a chocolate dinner party sounds AMAZING. Yes, please.
    Thank you for posting this amazing recipe and for bringing me on as another co-host for this fun weekly recipe round up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so intriguing, I can't wait to try it out. So unique! Thanks for hosting such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I definitely am going to try these! I love chocolate and mashed potatoes. Thanks for hosting :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel that I've gained all my holiday weight just by reading these amazing posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tina, those mashed potatoes are positively Sinful! I love it! I would never of thought of putting white chocolate in mashed potatoes! Sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm totally in awe with the whole concept of white chocolate in mashed potatoes. I'm a little afraid to try them but know if I don't, I'm surely missing out. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So interesting! I never would have thought of white chocolate in potatoes. I'll definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, how weird, but how neat! I have never in my life heard of White Chocolate Mashed potatoes! Great Choice for THE CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! White Chocolate I would never have thought of adding that in but I bet they are fabulous! Fantastic recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I thought the recipe I submitted was unique, but I think yours takes the (chocolate) cake!! I'll definitely be trying these.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tina
    White Chocolate and Potatoes, what a great combination. Thank you so much for hosting us YOU are AWESOME!
    Miz Helen
    #8

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, what a recipe, this is one I have got to try!

    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for hosting and putting in all the hard work to put this together. I am in awe of this one. Chocolate in potatoes...who knew. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Tina, I don't quite know what to say! Would have NEVER guessed that you could put chocolate in potatoes. I'll have to see for myself! Also ... can't believe that I'm the only one who worked with sweet potatoes for 'The Challenge!' As always, thanks so much for coordinating and hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wish I could add mine here http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2011/11/golden-biscuits-with-creamy-mashed.html

    shopannies@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Visiting from the Challenge #63 - Amazing recipe...amazingly easy (score) and amazingly unusual (score again)! I read the recipe to my brother and he wanted me to make them asap. haha
    Thanks for hosting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Chocolate? I have to say that I have NEVER heard of anyone adding white chocolate to there mashed potatoes. Are they really sweet? I have to say your sure to get a lot of attention for this one. I'm intrigued, I HAVE to try these now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very unique - this sounds like it would be a huge hit with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is the most amazingly weird potato idea I've ever seen - I so have to try it! You're monthly challenge is great, I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tina, you know I have to try this, never even crossed my mind to put chocolate in mashed potatoes, but thank god someone else did!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well, this is certainly going on my "must try" list. I am not sure that I will tell hubby what is in it though. Thanks for hosting. This challenge is so fun. I have found lots of new blogs to visit. Now on to fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm definitely trying these. I was wondering where to get those meatballs and gravy or a recipe for them.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are good for health we should use in daily routine.

    Pakistani dresses' online

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice. I am really impressed with your writing talents and also with the layout on your weblog. Appreciate, Is this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice weblog like this one nowadays. Thank you, check also event management and thank you for your participation letter

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...