background

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Potato Skins

I am cookin' again from my favorite cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I think ya'all might get sick of me posting her recipes, but secretly I hope not! They are all scrumptious, I have only made ONE thing we didn't care for, only ONE out of an entire cookbook so far, that's pretty darn good! (it's just a little secret, don't tell, but we perfer our Easy Homemade Macaroni and Cheese recipe to hers...shhhhhh!!!!)

My twins are going off to college next year, from California to Missouri (as most of you know who already read my blog.... and if you don't know yet, I am sure I will mention it often) and it was so funny that after looking through Pioneer Woman's cookbook a few weeks ago they declared "Mom, we have to make everything in here before we leave". How could I resist? I of course agreed, and now we are on a roll. Cooking atleast once a week, if not more from this amazing cookbook.


I can't really take credit for this creation it was my daughter Kayley who made these. I keep asking my kids are they sure they want to major in Marketing/Advertising? I am sure they would be great in the culinary industry too. Maybe someday they can work for a cooking magazine or something. I know they would both love that.

Pioneer Woman's Potato Skins
from The Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook

8 slices thick-cut bacon, fried and crumbled
8 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
Canola Oil
Kosher Salt
1-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (we used white cheese, or whatever you have on hand)
1 cup sour cream
4 green onions, sliced

(and this is served great with Pioneer Woman's Homemade Ranch Dressing)

Preheat oven to 400. Wash the potatoes and rub the skin liberally with canola oil. Place on a baking pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the potatoes are fork-tender. When finished, sliced potatoes in half lengthwise. With a cookie scoop or a spoon, scrape out the inner flesh of the potatoes, leaving a small margin of potatos in the skin. (Do NOT disgard this yummy delicious potato from the inside, you can use turn this into Mashed Potatoes for tomorrow night's dinner.... check out this oh-so-delicious White Chocolate Mashed Potato that is to-die-for)

Brush both skins of the potato skins with canola oil. Salt both sides liberally. Place the skins cut side down and return to oven. Bake for 7 minutes, then flip to the other side and bake for 7 more minutes. (I truly believe this is the step that makes these potato skins the grand-of-all-grand potaoto skins) Remove skins when they become crispy.

Sprinkle cheese into each potato skin. Spinkle with bacon and return to the oven one last time, just until cheese melts, a few minutes. Just before serving spoon 1 tbsp of sour cream on each skin and sprinkle with sliced green onions. We also love to serve with a side of Homemade Ranch Dressing, everything taste better with Ranch.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...