background

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Homemade Ranch with Iceberg Wedge

I just love the Pioneer Woman recipes. Who doesn't right? They are so simple, so down-to-earth and they all taste so good! I am trying to cook my way through her first cookbook, before the second cookbook comes out next year! Wish me luck.... I make so many recipes from blogs and Pinterest, that I forget about my millions of cookbooks. But, her cookbook I've decided to leave out right on the counter and have vowed to cook from it at least once a week. So far I've made the Chicken Pot Pie, that is out of this world, the Chocolate Sheet Cake which everyone loved, hands down, and with my Nerd Cupcakes a few weeks ago we used her Flour Frosting (A-MAZ-ING). I have a few more things that I haven't had a chance to post yet! So, watch for them.  Today, I am sharing a Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing on top of an Iceberg Wedge Salad. Funny thing is, is that I always order my wedge salad with ranch, because I hate blue cheese. This recipe was just perfect for me and my family!


Pioneer Woman's Homemade Ranch with Iceberg Wedge
adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cookbook

It's such a delicious salad and it's SO simple! I did not have any fresh ingredients the first time I made this dressing, I used dried everything and we still LOVED it!

1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 to 1/2 milk or buttermilk, depending on how thick you want it
1/4 cup Italian flat-leaf Parsley
1 tbsp Fresh Chives
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper
dash of hot sauce
2 heads of lettuce
fresh bacon (cooked & crumbled), chives & grated cheese (this is what I added in)

Mince the garlic with a knife and then sprinkle the salt on it and mash it into a paste with a fork. Chop the parsley, chives and all of the other herbs very finely and add to the garlic.Wow, another great recipe from Pioneer Woman and a dressing that will be repeated for sure in my house.

In a bowl combine all ingredients, tasting frequently and adjusting seasonings as needed. Chill for a couple of hours before serving, thin with milk or buttermilk if desired.

Wash and dry the iceberg lettuce and then cut into wedges. Add the cooked bacon, chives and cheese (if desired) and then drizzle generously over the wedge.

2 comments :

  1. Please come share at our linky party:
    www.feedingnineonadime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this salad, we used to have it all the time at my dad's club when I was a kid and I didn't realize how much I'd missed it until now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...