background

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Herb & Garlic Deviled Eggs

It's November, yea I know it started yesterday. Well, it's here now whether you like it or not. I LOVE it... Thanksgiving Holiday (lots of cooking & eating) and really I LOVE it because I can start decorating for Christmas (yep, I start the day-after Thanksgiving pulling out all the decorations from the attic) and I can start my holiday baking (this is the BEST part of November & December). I FINALLY have a reason to bake!

Disneyland (me and my little guy), Turks and Caicos (best vacation ever) & Kern River (camping)
Usually I just skip right over Thanksgiving. I mean, we celebrate and all, but I move right on to Christmas celebrations as quick as possible. This year my son and I will be traveling to Oregon for Thanksgiving, I really thought I was okay with splitting up my family for Thanksgiving, but there are always seconds thoughts (yea, it's one of those days). With my 18 year old girls getting jobs and my husband working every day from now til the end of the year withOUT a day off. I didn't think it was fair for my little guy to spend his entire week-off of school at home, bored. So, he and I will be taking a train ride (this is a first for both of us) all the way to Oregon (24 hours, oh my, yes a little worried about that). I hope it's loads of fun and that he has the most amazing time with all his little cousins up there. You can bet I will be baking and cooking away with my mother-in-law and hopefully doing some of my holiday baking to bring home with me on the train. I WILL be bringing an extra suitcase just for my bake goods.

It's National Deviled Egg Day!
Yes, every day of the year is marked for some kind of delicious food & today it's Deviled Eggs.
Deviled Eggs are a great appetizer for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

We have a few other deviled egg recipes:
Deviled Eggs with Ranch Dressing
Deviled Eggs (Gluten-Free)
Deviled Eggs with Pureed Cauliflower
Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Cheese (this is everyone's FAVORITE)

And now here is a new recipe: Herb & Garlic Deviled Eggs


Herb & Garlic Deviled Eggs
adapted from Kraft Food Magazine

6 hard boil eggs, cut in half lengthwise (the Pampered Chef fancy cutter - not sure the real name)
3 tbsp Kraft Sandwich Garlic & Herb Mayonnaise
1 tbsp mayonnaise (this was used to make it a little creamer)
sprinkle of Herb de Provence & Paprika

Mix yolks and garlic & herb mayonnaise and regular mayonnaise. Mash until creamy. Add this yolk mixture into a sandwich bag and snip the corner. This makes it easy to fill the eggs. Fill all the eggs (leaving none left over) and then sprinkle with spices.

4 comments :

  1. I LOVE devilled eggs. I make a version with wasabi that I encourage people not to try so that I can eat all of them myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I'm adding it to my Friday Favorites this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love deviled eggs, and I am so trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! These sound and look so yummy! I have to get back to Costco to get some more eggs....its funny how quickly I can go through 5 dozen eggs with all my baking!!!! But once I get some more eggs, I will try these!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...