background

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Apple Dumplings

This recipe tastes as good as it looks. And go-figure it's another amazing recipe found on the blog of  The Pioneer Woman. I am just loving her cook book and my daughter and I are determined to make every recipe in her cookbook. I suppose we better hurry up because I just pre-ordered her new cookbook that comes out next year.


What a great recipe for a hot Apple Dumpling. I can't even say I've ever even had an Apple Dumpling, but this recipe was great! It was so quick to put together and the results seemed like I had slaved hours in the kitchen (which I had not)! I made these in my motorhome kitchen while camping. So, if I can make them there, anyone can make them.



Apple Dumplings
adapted from Pioneer Woman's Blog (February 2008)

2 sticks butter (I would like to try with only one stick of butter, next time)
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 tubes crescent rolls
2 granny smith apples
12 ounces of Mountain Dew (use only half the can)

Cinnamon & Pecans (chopped)

Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream

Peel and slice your apples. Wrap each slice in a crescent dough triangle and place in sprayed (greased) 9 x 13 pan. In a bowl, melt your butter and stir in sugar and vanilla, lightly mix and leave grainy. Pour over top of the wrapped apples. Pour one-half of the can of Mountain Dew all around and sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans. Place in 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve hot with ice cream!

2 comments :

  1. YUM!!! So simple and if I had a can of Mtn Dew in the house I'd make them right now. Adding that to my grocery list as I have everything else and I now NEED these...yeah thanks a lot and my waist thanks you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you can use 7=up also

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...