background

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Poor Man's Garlic Bread

My kids LOVE LOVE their grandma's garlic bread which I have now named "Poor Man's Garlic Bread". And what's funny is that they actually prefer this Garlic Bread over any store bought, fresh or frozen bread. I've tried them ALL and they keep wanting the "hamburger/hot dog garlic bread". I give up. I guess this will be the only garlic bread I serve (when my kids are home). It's SO easy, it's SO cheap and they LOVE IT!


Poor Man's Garlic Bread
from my mom Sandy

hot dog buns or hamburger buns (use what you have left-over, and any french bread works too)
1/2 cup butter (or your favorite garlic bread spread)
1 tsp garlic salt or garlic powder (or both)
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
sprinkle of paprika

We like to melt the butter in the microwave, add in the seasonings and then turn the bread upside down and dip it into the butter mixture. Turn your oven on broil (low) and broil for about 2-3 minutes (or til your liking).

Hot Dog Buns work WONDERFUL too!

5 comments :

  1. Sounds like a great use for left over rolls:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that before too! Garlic bread is a great way to use up those leftover buns that are a little less than fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always done the same thing... I love my garlic bread made with hamburger or hotdog buns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use just white bread for this as well?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...