background

Monday, March 7, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS #19 (Romantic Dinner) and Heart Shaped Marinated Steak

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #19
The Theme is: Romantic Dinners

When was the last time YOU enjoyed a Romantic Dinner? I do not even remember the last time my husband and I had a "romantic" dinner. Now, don't get me wrong, we sneak a few meals here and there without kids (the last meal we shared was at In-n-Out Burger on my lunch-hour), but hey it was ALONE and there were NO KIDS in sight (at least not our kids). I remember a long time ago when we were "dating", I made a few romantic meals (but with our blended-family, we have ALWAYS had kids around). I know that in a few short years from now, all of our kids will be grown and gone, off to college, getting married and beginning their lives. Then it will be our time for many romantic dinners.

So, in the meantime and for this wonderful blog post, I made a semi-romantic dinner for my husband on Valentine's Day (yes our kids enjoyed dinner with us and truthfully I WOULDN'T have it any other way). I heard through a friend that I could buy a "HEART" shape steak (SERIOUSLY.... TOO FUNNY). I headed over to Albertsons and there it was the perfect heart shapped steak (not sure that's exactly what it looks like, my son had a few of his own ideas, but it was my effort that counted). And YES, everyone laughed at me!

I marinated this steak in an awesome recipe that was given to me by my sister-in-law, she uses it for London Broil, but it works good for lots of different cuts of meat! It was just as delicious on my heart shapped steak.  I made everyone's favorite item; Steak (for my husband & son), Mashed Potatoes (for my girls & everyone loves REAL mashed potatoes), some delicious Garlic Bread (I'll be sharing recipe soon) and for Dessert I made everyone's favorite Snickerdoodle Cupcakes.

My husband and I shared the Heart Shapped Steak! (plate shows 1/2 of the heart)
Steak Marinade
from Michele Gentile (sister-in-law)

1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup olive oil
3 tsp vinegar
6 tbsp brown sugar
8 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Marinate steak for atleast 24 hours in the refrigerator. Then grill to your liking. ENJOY!

Help me win a $3,000 college scholarship. Vote for my essay!(Another COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP VOTING REQUEST, please click, read and VOTE for my daughter Kayley. She wrote a beautiful essay about an amazing teacher she has at school. THANKS AGAIN for VOTING)

I LOVE Linky Parties (don't forget to link your recipe with us today!) and it's MONDAY already! Let's do this bloggers... it's a fresh start to a NEW week! I can't wait to mix and mingle with all of you and see what's been cooking in your kitchens! Today, this recipe is linked to the following linky parties: Homemaker Monday, I Made It MondayJust Something I Whipped Up, Made by You MondaysMaking the World Cuter, Market Yourself Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, mmmMonday, Motivate Me Monday, and Mouthwatering Monday

*****************************************************
Now onto the LINKY PARTY! Please only link recipes with our theme!
This week's theme is: Romantic Dinners

Here is a complete list of the past weeks and a list of what's coming up on This Week's Cravings!

If you are a regular PLEASE link-up we're excited to see what you have to share! If you are new please read & follow the simple rules, so everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to link back or add a button IN YOUR post you will receive a gentle reminder to add it. THANKS A MILLION!

Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Past & Future Recipe Links

February 28 - Kid-Friendly Recipes/Cooking (ONE MORE DAY TO ADD LINK)
March 7 - Romantic Dinner Recipes

March 14 - St. Patricks Celebration - GO GREEN!!!

March 21 - Chocolate - Chocolate and more Chocolate !!!

March 28 - "Surprise" Ingredient

April 4 - HUBBY COOKS (I can't wait to see what the husbands come up with)


This is a BLOG HOP Party so please visit other links
and meet some great BLOGGERS!

7 comments :

  1. I love having heart shaped steaks - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my recipe would qualify as part of a romantic dinner because it has bacon in it- so many people love bacon in just about anything now! My recipe is Mashed Garnet Yams With Bacon, Chipotle And Pecans. It really is yummy!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love romantic dinners with a few candles and a bottle of wine. Now that my kids are older and out a lot on weekends we have them quite often. my absolute favorite is roasting a chicken with root vegetables and I found a way to make the chicken extra delicious. Flip it! All the best, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing more romantic than a Brulee. I have shared my Southwest Brulee today. Your heart steak looks really good. Thank you for hosting and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the mix-up on the post. I'm techno-challenged. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that in a few short years from now, all of our kids will be grown and gone, off to college, getting married and beginning their lives. Then it will be our time for many romantic dinners.
    romantic dinner recipes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...