background

Sunday, December 12, 2010

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES: Nut Clusters (Butterscotch and Almond Clusters in Crock-Pot)

Day 5 of 12 Days of Christmas Goodies

My mother-in-law is here for a month (from Oregon; we live in California) and I am LOVIN' IT!! No, I do not have a "monster-in-law" for my in-laws! My mother-in-law is 77 years old and is more like a grandmother to me; as my mother is only 54 years old and is very young (my mother and I are only 15 years apart and we share many other things in common like shopping, camping and bbq's & pool parties and things like that, but NOT baking), so I get alot of my baking wisdom and stories and things from long ago from my wonderful mother-in-law. She is here visiting at my request and is here to spend Christmas with all of us.  I knew this was my prime baking time so I asked her to bring some of her favorite recipes (of course all of the ones my husband loves too)! I need to master these sooner or later (I've been married almost 12 years now)!


Grandma's Butterscotch Clusters
from Grandma Hudgens

1 package of Butterscotch Chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 cup unroasted/unsalted peanuts

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan on the stove top on low heat. Stir constantly until melted, remove from heat. Add 1 cup of peanut butter (creamy), 1 tsp vanilla stir until well combined. Then mix in the peanuts and stir. After everything is mixed then you may drop them on wax or parchment paper in small clusters (or drop into mini muffin tin papers).


Almond Clusters (in the Crock-Pot)
recipe adapted from Delighful Country Cookin'

1 lb bag of Melting Chocolates
1 bag of White Chocolate Chips
1 bar of Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar (found in the baking aisle)
2 cups of Whole Almonds (also made with my favorite mixed nut combination and it was just as good)

Put crock-pot on low and add in all ingredients in order starting with chocolate on the bottom and ending with the nuts. Do NOT open the crock-pot or mix while heating. The crock-pot takes approximately 45 minutes to melt everything (check is at the 45 minute mark and if you need longer, judge your time then, but watching for burning). Once all ingredients is melted, mixed and ready, you can drop into mini-muffin tins (this makes it less messy). These are the tasty almond clusters I have ever had (I believe they are WAY fresher tasting then any store bought or candy store)!!!


GRAB OUR BUTTON AND JOIN IN THE
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES BLOG HOP PARTY


If you would like to play along on the 12 Days of Christmas Goodies Blog Hop Party, feel free to link up a recipe or two of some GOODIES you are making this year. And if you wish to add this BLOG HOP PARTY to your own post, see below for the link and add it! You and your readers will then be able to see all the recipes people link up right on your own blog. (What a FUN and COOL idea! Gotta LOVE Mr. Linky)


Looking for the 12 DAYS OF CHRSITMAS GOODIES Blog Hop....

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...